Gnome 3.8 Released : Available for Ubuntu Based Distribution
Gnome 3.8 released and announced by GNOME development team, Its final version 3.8 of desktop environment dedicated for Linux Distribution. This version brings several new levels and flows 6 months of work with nearly 36,000 contributions made by 960 members of the community.
Gnome 3.8 focuses on improving existing with, for example, a new panel for launching applications, a more effective and a new panel. But developers have also introduced a “classic” for those who prefer a more traditional office.
- A new view for the application launcher that makes finding applications easier than ever.
- Search Improvements, with a view to improved results and new controls for these results.
- New privacy options that allow you to control who has access to the contents of your computer.
- A new classic mode for those who prefer a more traditional desktop experience, kind GNOME 2.x.
- Rendering with improved animations and transitions smoother resizing windows.
- Clocks New application, which provides the time in different regions, as well as a stopwatch, alarm and countdown timer.
- Much improved environment configuration, with four new configuration panels.
- Major improvements in the Web browser (ex-Epiphany) of which we discussed in the past .
- Improved User Interface Documents
- New edit mode to Contacts.
- You can get more information in the official announcement
Installing Gnome 3.8 in UbuntuUpcoming Ubuntu 13.04 raring ringtail and Ubuntu 12.10 quantal quetzal by default using gnome 3.6, but you can upgraded to gnome 3.8 by adding the additional GNOME Personal package Archieve.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gnome3-team/gnome3 sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get dist-upgrade