February 10, 2011

Sn0w L1nux is an attractive Ubuntu fork distro

I had the chance to download and try Sn0w L1nux based on Ubuntu 10.10 and it is a nicely customized distro. It is 1.5 GB ISO image to install. It is designed to look like Apple Snow Leopard . They replaced the standard Ubuntu Gnome menus with a combined Applications menu. In addition, an Applications icon is on the desktop offering one panel to all setup options, which is a nice touch. It also comes with about a dozen high quality Apple Snow Leopard wallpapers. Overall performance is very fast on my dual-core PC. Below are my screen shots and a link to the website. This was so nice I replaced my standard Ubuntu install with this one. Enough said.












The website is here: http://sn0wl1nux.forumdoandroid.com/index.html