October 26, 2019

Linux Mint 19.2 XFCE with Conky Drex Theme

I had been running ChalletOS 16.04 LTS (based on Xubuntu 16.04 LTS) on all my linux desktop builds. The Screenlets Info Manager widget has been an anchor for me staying with this older distro. Not many system monitors were appealing with a minimum of trouble setting them up. This weekend I decided to give Conky Manager a try. After trying some Conky Themes, found one I liked, and tweaked it for my i7-2600 quad core 8 thread PCs. It is called Conky Drex. The great thing is you can run Conky on pretty much any distro. So my preferred distro is Linux Mint XFCE 19.20. I have written about this stable distro before. It is polished and fast and has a large user community and based on Xubuntu. Below are my results and a link where to get the Conky theme. I am now a happy Conky user ! Enjoy.






.
.













































You can get Linux Mint here:
https://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=mint

You can find Conky Drex here:
https://www.deviantart.com/ilnanny/art/Conky-DREX64-650318284

How to install the Conky Manager:
Install Conky Manager in Ubuntu 18.04+

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mark-pcnetspec/conky-manager-pm9
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install conky-manager

to launch Conky Manager

conky-manager